Sunday, November 7, 2010

what is love?


"Daddy, do you love me??" I overheard Miles ask Bryce yesterday while we were getting ready to go out. "Of course!" Bryce exclaimed. I then asked Miles, "What is love Miles?" I wanted to know what a 4yr old thought love was. Was it kisses, hugs, presents, warm fuzzy feelings??? What would his answer be?? Welllll, was i shocked with what answer proceeded next.

"Jesus Christ laid down his life for us." WHOA. This was his answer to what love was. BOY, my definition off the cuff would have not even come close to his perfect answer. I would have probly started babbling off different things people do, marriage, how babies come to be, but probly not the scripture definition of "love." See, Miles is a great memoriser. Sooo, i had seized this valuable asset of his and began teaching him scripture. Well, one of our verses was: "This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us." (found in 1 John 3:16) And man, did Miles just nail it on the head. This IS how we know what love is. Simple as that. Thanks Buddy... mommy needed that loving reminder again...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! Perfect! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Wow is all I can say...what a fantastic and insightful little boy....I think I can see a blossoming minister in that sweet, thoughtful little man!
Love you, Allison

Cowgirl Beans said...

That brought tears to my eyes. So perfect and sweet....