Sunday, June 22, 2008

so unexpected.

This morning i woke up in another state... no literaly... New York to be exact. Yesturday we got a call from my momma who was following an ambulance with my father inside. "everythings ok..." were the first tear filled words out of her mouth, even though i could tell that she didnt know what was going on. Dad was riding a bike, a peddle bike, and was overlooking the pond at Elim Bible Institute, wasnt looking and hit a speed bump. The witnesses said he flew off the bike and hit head first. Someone ran and got mom who, when she arrived at the scene Dad was already in an ambulance with the cops there, not a pretty picture. Soo, she called when they arrived at Strongs Memorial Hospital, and she informed me that she "never saw Dad like this..." He was covered in blood, bruises, and rocks and stones everywhere... They took a CT scan and rightaway it showed bleeding and bruising on the brain... along with that a broken colar bone, broken shoulder, fractured spine, and many other "little" problems. This morning i heard from her again, and the 2nd CT scan showed that the bleeding on the brain stopped. PRAISE THE LORD. Mom also told me she in convinced that most of the stones will always, now and forever be apart of his body, thats how shoved in and numerous they are. wow. Soo, thats why i am in NY, i flew overnight with the frequent fyer miles of a miracle woman... Janie, the childrens pastor at our church heard what happened and instantly called and told us she wanted to fly me up here... wow... flying to NY didnt even cross my mind. She got me on a plane in a matter of hours, what a miracle. My mom still dosent know i am here, i'm at my Aunt house, and we are driving to the hospital in just a few short minuets. Please keep my father in your prayers, for a quick and easy recovery. Also... they have no health insurance, and very little finances coming in... I know the money part is weighing heavy on my parents. If anyone out there feels an tug on their hearts to do more than pray and help out in a tangeble way, please contact me... I told my mom this morning that: "situations like these, are just opportunities to witness a miracle from God..." and i TRULY believe that with all of my heart.

3 comments:

Dani said...

Hey Christina,

I am praying for your dad...I hope everything is OK. We will pray for peace and a full recovery! Love ya..

Danielle

Rachel said...

Christina,

I am praying for you and your family.
God is so faithful, he'll provide the money for them.

Love,
Rach

The Mauers said...

wow, definitely praying. So sorry Christina:(