Thursday, December 4, 2008

the "great's"

the "Greats"
Great Grandma Dietrich...
(We like to call her "G.G")
Ok, so watching my grandparents lets me see my little ones in a new light. They bring such joy to their hearts. And, as I can only try to imagine me as a Great Grandparent, I would be beaming too. I love love loveee my children, but can you even begin to imagine the love you would have for your children's, chrilden?? Out of this WORLD love... My grandparents are always telling me they are soo happy we are serving the Lord, that alone brings them so much happiness. And I believe it! As I pray daily over my children, one constant prayer is that:
"their hearts would always seek after Your ways..."
I am, as any parent a little ( a little? HA, a lot!) scared for the future, like teenage years, and will they still let me cuddle them?, or will they even "like" me anymore?, BUT I know the power of prayer, and I am going to proclaim their lives to Jesus Christ daily, praying that powerful Blood of Jesus of their minds and bodies, and I believe the Lord to be faithful, and to instill a hunger only He can fill. Can you parents, give me an Amen!!
So, I think as I raise my children I am going to be looking at them as future parents, and grandparents, and even someday great grandparents, and ask myself, "How am I today pointing them to Jesus, so that one day they will have no greater joy than to see their children serving the Lord?"
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.." 3 John 1:4

No comments: