Thursday, October 30, 2008

soo, a true story written by... ME

so, i'm sitting here eating Sour Patch Kids, my favorite candy in the world, and reading some of my past writtings, do you wanna read one?, ok here it is:
"Before the planned creation was nourished with growth, and after the seed was planted into two hearts, God already held my name in His hands. A meeting, then a courtship, with letters in between, a marriage was set, and the “plant” sprouted with ease. A foundation of God, love, trust, and faith, they brought me into the world with great approval on their face.
The beginning of my life sounds so poetic and surreal, and in a way it is. In a world where hate flourishes and love is a dying necessity, God blessed me beyond belief.
Born on a cold, misty morning, as the sun unwillingly peaked from blankets of clouds, one of Gods creation entered the world. Wales, Great Britain wasn’t home for the new parents, but it would serve for their little ones first part of life. November 1st, 1984 was the date the Doctor wrote on the crisp birth certificate. Mother and fathers signatures were filled with ink that flowed with excitement and love. A new chapter in their life had begun.
On the plane ride homeward bound to America, the new parents anticipated the reactions to their first child God had given them. The plane landed, guests were greeted with love, the parents moved back into Buffalo, God still flourished in their lives, and new adventures took place.
My roots had been set, and now three years had passed. Gods’ overwhelming love and will in our lives was still growing, but our place where we planted our home, had moved to where God called us quite frequently.
In this particular town where we invested our time in this particular church, a magician was working Gods’ awe and awesome power into a children’s ministry. Barely able to contain myself, the excitement filled my 3-year-old body and soul. God had swept me up like the dove out of the magician’s top hat.
Since that day where God officially entered my life, He has been my life. Picture yourself as a little girl, freckles and pigtails, witnessing to other little girls and boys on swing sets and merry-go-rounds. That was me. I was preaching and teaching God’s love into every encounter with another human being, proving the point that every dream has to start somewhere. My dream was sprouting like Jack’s Bean Stock, reaching higher and higher into territory unknown, with excitement beckoning every onward step.
As my teen years approached daily, middle school, youth group, children’s choir, and in my mothers shadow, were the places I was found. God still served as my Lord and Savior, but a feeling of more yearned inside of me. The love of children had always filled my heart, like marbles fill a velvet bag, precious and preserved, always ready to play. The dream of traveling to parts unknown across the world to show my Fathers love to children, sounded like a question that knew the answer.
This is when I truly believe that God opened my heart up to the purpose He had for my life. He put into my heart that tingle of traveling, and preaching His love into children’s lives. Later on, as I would look back on my life and wonder, “why was I so blessed?” the answer was obvious. I was fed daily with love and support, and to most people this was the perfect home life. In return for this gift of family love and support, it enabled me to show the same to the less fortunate; in other words, I was blessed, to bless.
With my parents’ constant support, they helped me research Costa Rica, which I felt was the place that I should travel and minister Gods’ love. Under certain circumstances the trip was cancelled, but the dream was not forgotten; like a good chapter in a book, taking the hard step of placing the bookmark in the climatic spot, coming back to it when the time is right. God placed a decision of taking a step of faith and listening to the Author, (God) instead of the naive reader (me).
Middle school came to pass as quickly as a night flower dies at the break of day, and High school was the next big flower in my journey. My life as perfect as it had always been, began to be even more of a blessing to me as the stories of failed marriages, and adolescent rebellion, filled the halls of my school, which flowed into my ears daily. It was hard to be the “only” kid who could not relate to kids my own age who had been through Hell. Quickly my parents become a raft of rescue to the drowning teens in my school. Spoonfuls upon spoonfuls of love, was my parents method. The kids whose parents had no interest it their lives, soon become the interest of our lives, and we as a family grew and grew with every addition of young spirits. Growing up with this type of home life was a gift straight from Heaven, like fresh manna floating my way daily.
The stage is set, the props are mounted correctly, and the actress is anxiously awaiting the Directors next move of orders. With this picture of God giving the orders, and I as the actress playing the part of myself, the brief thought of my personal hopes and dreams can get in the way. But, through daily remembrance of God’s positive plans, and His position of the planter of my dreams and desires into my soul, keeps me encouraged and at ease. “Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
My dreams of missions are in blossom, and the season of Spring will be eternal in my life. Cool winds may come my way, but the Gardener of my life and soul is protecting me, and building me stronger. Therefore, I know I am safe. Bring on the frost."
~Psalm 46:1-7~

1 comment:

The Mauers said...

heeeey, is this from our writing class freshman year at elim? it's strangely familiar to me:)