Tuesday, March 16, 2010

the 2 wolves


TWO WOLVES

"One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all. "One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. "The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

My mother sent this to me via email, and man, it is so true!! Being in a new place, a new season of life, in an unfamiliar land, started our lives again, being "just a mom," has had me feed the wrong wolf... I have felt all those things, and forgot that i have a choice. I HAVE a choice which wolf will win, and to whom i will surrender my day to. When i think of how the two separate wolves would eat the food i throw at them, it sickened me. The evil wolf i can visualise gnashing its teeth into my self pity, ripping apart inferiority and lies, growling at any others who might pass by for a bite, barking anger greed and arrogance... It sickens me to no end. Then their is the good wolf... the kind wolf, graciously accepting what i throw its way in humility, and faith. The wolf you just want to cuddle up with, not afraid to stick your hand in the dogs dish. Its coat shines with health and beauty, where as the evil wolf's coat is dirty and matted... you are what you eat they say. Without a Perfect Shepherd i could not even being to choose the right wolf to feed each day.. and even with a Shepherd, its still easy for me to get in the way and toss a bone here, or there to the evil wolf... BUT, i know my Saviour has already won the battle for me, and just choosing to say "whom i will serve this day" is enough to plant my feet in and do MORE than "just survive" but prosper and live a life honoring the King of Kings... Jesus Christ.

"For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith." 1John5:4-AmplifiedBible

"For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.." 1John5:4-NewLivingTranslation

"Every God-begotten person conquers the world's ways. The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith. The person who wins out over the world's ways is simply the one who believes Jesus is the Son of God." 1John5:4-TheMessage

1 comment:

Deb said...

Christina I'm glad to see you are writing again ! You have a way with words....