Monday, March 29, 2010

THE WIGGLES!!!











We did it, we went to our first kid's concert and SURVIVED!!!

....welllllll, sort of... LET me tell you our story.... frommm the beginning....






We woke up bright and early, and mommy, thats me!, had a "greattttt" idea we should go out to breakfast before our show, it was at 10am... As we were getting ready to leave, my right eye in a matter of seconds lost its sight.... it was not blurry, it was gone, only the edges of the "picture" i could see. When i would take my hand and slowly bring it up towards my face i could see it completely disappear... This had happened about a month ago, and it was followed by a huge headache, SO instantly when it happened i took some Advil... Well, we were on our way to Denny's, and by 20mins the sight had restored itself. BUT, now, as i thought, i was left with a huge headache. We got to Denny's... yayyyy.... and now we had to entertain 2 very excited little boys while we waited for the longest breakfast everr. haha. I had, i think, 2 bites of my breakfast and we left in a hurry b4 mommy gave the nice Denny's their breakfast back....... I decided i would sit in the last row of the van so i could lay down and rest... hahaha, what was i thinking?? It was rockin and rollin back there, and welllllll, it did not spare my breakfast from.... wellll..... "returning".... AS, i was "returning" Miles kept asking me, not being able to see me, if i was "ok," WHILE he snickered... yes, my boy was laughing at me while i was "returning.." WELLL, we got to the concert with time to spare... It was loud, it was bright, it was a headaches worst nightmare, BUT, i had waited for this day, and i was NOT gonna let anything stop us from having the time of our life! So, we went in, wayyyyyy up to our row, and squeeeezed into our seats. The view was actually really good, for how high we were, that i was really impressed with that! As you can see from the pictures, i dont look my best, a little fever sweat and a ginormous pimple that made the day even better!! haha, BUT we had a great time at The Wiggles concert. Miles was into every song, doing all the motions, and singing at the top of his lungs. We did have almost a melt down when Miles kept asking me if he could go onstage and i kept saying, "NO." He didnt like that we could not play games with them either.... dear oh dear. 2hrs later, we were back in the car, with 2 little tiried children, 2 tired parents, 1 sicky, and 1 Henry the Octopus. All in all it was a success!!!

But sadly the adventure did not stop there.... no..... When we got home i went straight to bed, woke up with a worse headache, numb hand, and uncontrollable spontaneous twitching in my head and wrist.... I also could not communicate to Bryce very well with my speech, and i was definitely out of it.... Soooooo, Bryce said "ok, NOW its time to go see a Dr!" Sooo, we went, they saw and they sent me to the Hospital... oh joy, right? Did i mention i had to "return again," and in the car!! aweee man! sorry bout the details... After 3 hrs of waiting in the ER, they had NO idea what was wrong other than my nervous system was reacting in unusual ways. They kept me over night to have a MRI in the morning. HOLD ON: Have you ever been in a NZ hospital over night? Have you ever been in a NZ hospital where you are placed in the worst possible wing, where Mr and Mrs Frankenstein are your nurses during the night? And your window is broken? And there is NO TV! AND NO MAGAZINES?! ..... i have... and i NEVER want to go back!!! ha. SO, the Neurologist came and saw me in the morning, and by this time i am basically normal. I am slightly jolly, and my headache is just barley there. He does all his body tests, and then tells me.... "I don't think we will do an MRI, b/c i think you just had a classic migraine.. other than the wrist and head twitching, that we cant explain. Different parts of your nervous in your head were effected, and if i did an MRI i wouldn't be able to tell where to look, or to see what was going on. So it was just a migraine." Ooooh, ok.... I think if i was still lying in bed, somber looking, i might have gotten that MRI. Honestly it would have put me at ease a little more that just saying i had a headache. Praise God though it was nothing complicated! Soooo, that was our Wiggles day extravaganza!!!!! Any takers for our next trip????

....i didn't think so.....

1 comment:

Deb said...

Such a sad story...but you made me laugh !!!